Rice Cooker Mac n Cheese!
Continuing on with our Rice Cooker series, we have now tested and revised a Mac n Cheese recipe that Micah and I tried 2 years ago. Thought it would be helpful to put all the steps down here on the blog! 😋🍴 Tell your college students that all they need to cook in their dorm rooms is a rice cooker muhuhahaha!! First we boiled eggs in it, now mac n cheese, and what next? You guessed it, I'm gonna try that big hunka pancake next. Some sort of cake anyway. 😜 While these may not be gourmet recipes, I'm always interested in new ways of cooking things. Also if all three of my kids like a recipe, well then that is a miracle and you can expect to see those recipes here! 😃🙌🏾
Rice Cooker Macaroni and Cheese (Serves 4-6)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes (depending on your rice cooker)
- 2 cups pasta
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 ½ cups extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
**Optional: Bread crumb topping
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I like Panko for more crunchy texture)
- 3 Tbsp butter
Here's what ya do:
- Place the pasta, chicken stock/broth and salt in the rice cooker. Close lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the milk, cheese, and butter. Stir well.
- Close lid and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or whenever your rice cooker turns to the "warm" setting. Stir until desired consistency. (My cooker is fast so after it turned to "warm", I stirred it for about a minute or two and it was done already!)
- You're happy with your rice cooker. 😋
***BUT you find that you would be happier with bread crumbs. Which is why you proceed to go forward with the optional step of browning a cup of bread crumbs (or Panko) with 3 Tbsp of butter. Top your Mac n Cheese and proceed to ENJOY!!